Views:1 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-05-27 Origin:Site
Everyone enjoys the process of feeding small animals from birth to adulthood, but usually there is no breeding experience for newborn animals. Today Petstar shares knowledge about kitten feeding.
Characteristics of kittens
A newborn kitten that is born to about 2 months and has no self-care ability is called a kitten.
Newborn - 4 weeks: The volume is smaller than a slap, the newborn baby's eyes can't be opened. It usually blinks for about 15 days, the eyeball is dark brown, the limbs are not yet developed, and the limbs are unable to crawl by creep, 2-3 The circumference of the breast is incisive, and the fangs are 3-4 weeks old;
4 weeks to 8 weeks of birth: the volume is about one palm, the eyes are blue-green and gradually transition to yellow, and the limbs can gradually walk;
How to feed a newborn baby cat
Newborn - 4 weeks kitten
1. Keep warm: During this period, the kitten has no way to adjust its body temperature well, so it needs to be artificially warmed (the heat source can be hot water bottle, electric blanket, heating lamp, etc.)
2. Excretion: They do not excrete spontaneously. They need to use a cotton swab or a moist paper towel to gently touch the anus to stimulate excretion.
3. Deworming: Deworming with a professional insect repellent.
4. Feeding: At this time, the kitten has no long teeth. There is no way to eat cat food. It is necessary to feed digestible food. It is recommended to use cat milk powder (de-lactose milk powder, red dog milk powder). If conditions are limited, infant rice noodles are also recommended. Probiotics can be added in an appropriate amount to regulate the absorption of the digestive system.
5. Feeding method: Use a cat bottle or a syringe. Feeding frequency is about 2 hours.
More than 4 weeks kitten
1. Keep warm: At this time, the kitten has slowly adjusted its body temperature. As long as the room temperature is not too low, there is no need to provide additional heat source.
2. Feeding: Long-toothed kittens can start to eat for cat food. It is best to provide petstar's kitten food for cat food, because petstar has the smallest particles.
3. Feeding method: The cat food is soaked in warm water, it is best to eat within 6 hours, and it needs to be re-bubble after 6 hours. Feed once every 3-4 hours.
4. Excretion: The kitten can basically excrete self-help. If not, please continue to stimulate excretion and use agglomerated cat litter.
5. Deworming: Consult a pet hospital and use it according to the measurement.
1. Dosage, time and frequency of feeding
Cat milk powder:
Birth -7 days: 3-6ml, every 2 hours
7 days - 14 days: 6-8ml every 2 hours during the day and every 4 hours at night
14 days - 21 days: 8-10ml every 2 hours during the day and every 4 hours at night.
2. Use cat milk powder, add probiotics to promote the absorption of digestive system of milk cats at the beginning of feeding, or add nutrient cream to enhance the resistance of cats;
3. The temperature of the milk, it is about 38 degrees Celsius, the temperature should not be too low, otherwise the kitten is easy to diarrhea.
4. For weak and sick cats, the frequency of feeding at night needs to increase. Some cats will desperately eat a lot, but the owner must strictly follow the above weight, otherwise it will easily cause indigestion.
Finally, the kittens and puppies that are just under the full moon are best around their mother, which is the biggest chance for them to survive. If your kitten has any problems, please feel free to contact our pet specialist.