Views:5 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-05-22 Origin:Site
Nursing and precautions after sterilization of dogs and cats
With the maturity and rationality of the concept of raising pets, the sterilization of pets is a problem that many pet owners may face in the future. Once we help pets to successfully pass this period, they will reduce a lot of unnecessary troubles in the future. Let the life of raising pets be simpler and more happy. So, how do we take care of a pet after it has been sterilized? What are the precautions?
First, careful care
1. After the pet is anesthetized, the consciousness is blurred. Because the pain may be instinctively engaged, please do not put your hand in front of the pet's eyes or the mouth, so as not to cause accidental injury to the owner.
2. After returning home, you should put your pet in a low place to prevent him from rolling down. Before the cat is fully awake, be careful to keep the airway open and avoid suffocation caused by the neck.
3. Pets may experience urinary incontinence during recovery, which is a normal postoperative response.
4. When you are able to stand after the pet surgery, you should provide them with water in time. After 6-8 hours after the operation, you can provide food. The amount of food is about half of the usual.
5. After the operation, please give the pet a warm, soft and quiet place to rest, they may be quieter in a day or two, which is normal. Give them some time to rest and sleep, giving more care than usual. However, if you do not eat food for more than 2 days, please contact the veterinarian in time.
Second, the matters needing attention
1. Pay attention daily to observe whether the pet is weak, mentally ill, vomiting and diarrhea, constipation, difficulty urinating, bleeding or other abnormal phenomena. Once found, you should communicate with the veterinarian promptly.
2. After sterilization of female animals, if the vaginal bleeding, please contact your pet doctor.Use special pet clothes and headgear for protection.
3. If you have shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, etc. within one week after surgery, you should contact your pet doctor in time.
4. The wound will be itchy during the healing process. Do not let the cat or the dog scratch the surgical site. If you can't stop it, wear a cat collar on your pet (especially a male dog).
5. Do not allow pets to move too much or jump during the 7 days of surgery. Don't let it run freely, especially females. Do not take a bath 2 weeks after surgery.
6. Pet anesthesia generally recovers consciousness within 24 hours.
Third, warm tips
1. If the pet has undergone uterine enucleation, pregnancy, uterine effusion and other problems leading to uterine ablation, the animal's own function is relatively high, and the postoperative recovery time is longer. The patient should be treated according to the doctor's advice to prevent infection.
2. Pets can be sterilized during estrus. The existing sex hormones in the body need a metabolic time, and there may be estrus in the short term. After the hormone metabolism in the body is finished, it will not be estrus.
If this article is helpful to you, please forward it to more people in need.